Jan 16, 2005

Don't hesitate to leave voice mail

  今天在MSN的主页上看到一篇讲如何在一周之内找到工作的文章,其中有一段非常好玩:
  
  If, within a week, you haven't heard from people you've contacted, call to follow up. Don't hesitate to leave voice mail. If, for example, you had cold-contacted an employer, say something like, "I'm (insert your name), the operations manager at the BigWhup Widget Company who was just part of a downsizing and phoned you. I'm assuming that not having heard from you, you're too busy to respond. I can understand. But I know that sometimes, things can fall between the cracks, so I'm taking the liberty of calling to follow up. If you or one of your people are interested in talking with me or have any advice as to where I should turn, I'd appreciate a call. My phone number is (repeat the number twice.) And my name, again, is (insert name.) Thank you."
  
  尽管我现在不用找工作,但如果将来有一天找工作,我可能会采纳这种新颖的方式。面子算老几,比吃饭还重要?